The guides at Southeastern Angling have put together a Frequently Asked Questions page to help answer some of your questions.
What should we bring on our trip?
In short you should bring the following:
- Drinks (other than bottled water which we provide) No glass please.
- Sunglasses. Even on cloudy days!! You only have one set of eyes and with flying hooks you want protection.
- Sunscreen paste SPF30+. NO SPRAY SUNSCREEN (this doesn’t mean apply it before the trip. Spay sunscreens a higher level of a chemical that damages boat cushions, sunglasses and GPS screens. We have plenty of paste onboard for your use as well)
- Proper Shoes with non-marking soles (no black soles if possible) No cowboy boots or work boots. Tennis shoes or boat shoes are best.
- Proper Clothes. In the hotter months (May-Sep) try and wear clothes that are SPF rated and cool such as long fishing pants and shirts. Jeans are not recommended. In the cooler months (Sep-April) try and wear clothes that layer well. An example would be to wear long sleeve shirt, fleece or pullover sweatshirt, and jacket.
How far is the boat ride?
Inshore the boat rides can be 5 minutes to 45 minutes. There are a lot of factors which contribute to this such as tide, wind direction, cloud cover, species we are fishing for and time of year. If this is a concern ask while booking your trip. We are in the catching business and want to take you to where you will get the most action.
Offshore the rides can be 30 minutes to some of the local reefs and up to 2 hours to fish the towers and live bottom spots 40+ miles offshore.
Do we need to buy a fishing license?
No. Southeastern Angling’s guides buy a license that covers all anglers on the boat for you.
Do your boats have bathrooms?
No, however, arrangements can be made so ask your captain upon booking.
Do you clean our catch?
Yes at no additional cost, however, tips are greatly appreciated.
Should we tip our guide?
Tips are not mandatory however they are customary and greatly appreciated. Your captain works hard for you and provides a service such as a waiter so 10-20 percent is customary.
Can we bring a GPS and mark the spots we fish?
No. Southeastern Angling’s guides spend countless days and money exploring our eco system and these spots are the result of years of hard work, trial and error. We look at it as steeling and frown on it greatly.
How far in advance should I book my trip?
As far out as possible especially during peak months, which are March-November.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Trips cancelled outside of 30 days or due to weather will receive full refund of the deposit. If cancelled due to weather the deposit can also be put towards rebooked dates.
- Trips cancelled inside of 30 days but outside of 10 days will forfeit the deposit and that deposit can be put towards a trip within 6 months of the original scheduled trip.
- Any trip cancelled 10 days prior to the scheduled trip date will require the customer to pay 50% of the total trip cost.
- If a trip is cancelled within 5 days from the scheduled trip date, the customer will be required to pay the full balance of the trip. Customers may reschedule the trip for up to 6 months using this payment as a full credit towards the rescheduled trip.
It is the sole discretion of your guide to cancel a trip due to weather. Your guide will discuss this decision with you based on his knowledge and experience.